Friday, October 1, 2010

So What is Post Tubal Ligation Syndrome?

No, it's not just regret. It's more than that. It's a very real...very physical result of messing with what God gave ya.

I am not a dr., nor do I play one on t.v. I am just a mom who, before a tubal ligation, didn't have flashes of hot or cold. My skin didn't crawl. I didn't have such big knots to the side of my section scars that you can feel them. My back didn't have the type of pain I have now. I haven't 'ovulated' per se, I don't think, but I cramp ALL the time. I will say this: I do suffer from anxiety and depression. But they have been greatly impacted (yes, probably due to being post partum, but still). My post birth bleeding is REALLY out of step with what I've experienced 5 times before.

Now, why don't I just go to a dr.? Well, first, I'll be told that I'm post partum and these things take time. I agree, but this is NOT post partum stuff! Or I'll be told I'm 36 and it will take time for my body to recover. Or that this was my third section (excuse me. I know people who've had more than three and they don't feel this way!!!). Or that I need meds (I do, but that's NOT what's causing this). Or I'll be told a million other things....and I'm not ready to deal with that part of it yet.

Do you remember that episode of Golden Girls where Dorothy is suffering from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome but can't get anyone to listen?

No comments:

Post a Comment